Focus on Communities
Nestlé is committed to the 10 provinces and three territories where we operate.
Here are just a few examples:
- During the past three years, Nestlé Canada has invested more than $11.5 million in its food service factory in Trenton, Ontario, to improve efficiency, reduce its environmental footprint and further strengthen its food safety program.
- In 2009-2010, Nestlé Canada invested $6.8 million to add two new ice cream novelty lines at its factory in London, Ontario. Six full-time, 21 part-time and more than 150 seasonal employees were hired to manage the increased production.
- Nestlé Waters Canada invested $15 million to expand its distribution centre in Puslinch, Ontario, in 2009. That expansion will reduce the number of truckloads annually by 1,500 trips.
- Nestlé Waters Canada invests more than $2 million annually in its Puslinch and Hope bottling facilities to ensure they exceed internal and external compliance requirements related to food safety, energy reduction and environmental sustainability.
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials is a proud supporter of Breakfast for Learning, a non-profit organization that starts and sustains nutrition programs in schools across the country. Last year alone, Breakfast for Learning supported over 267,000 children and youth serving over 46,000,000 meals, in over 2,300 nutrition programs across Canada.
- Nestle Purina PetCare Canada proudly sponsors the annual Purina Walk for Dog Guides, the Lion’s Foundation of Canada’s largest annual fundraising event. To date, the walk has raised more than $8 million, with 100% of the funds raised going directly toward raising, training and providing Dog Guides to Canadians at no cost.